Hill Descent Control
The Hill Descent Control (HDC) system enhances your off-road performance along with even more security by giving you a smooth and controlled descent on snowy and rough terrains. HDC is exclusively available for the Maserati Levante, making it one of the safest luxury SUVs.
The Hill Descent Control system is enabled by pressing the HDC switch on left-hand side of steering wheel.
By using the Cruise Control buttons, you can set the vehicle speed even when you’re descending steep hills.
- Within a defined threshold of slope (12%), the vehicle gets to the default speed value of 8 km/h (or 5 mph).
- With a slope that has a steeper grade (more than 12%), the vehicle gets to the default speed value of 3-4 km/h (or 1.8-2.5 mph).
HDC will use the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) to control each wheel’s speed without you needing to touch either the brakes or the accelerator.
If the vehicle accelerates with no input from you, the system will automatically apply the brakes to gently slow to the desired speed. Applying pressure to the accelerator or brake pedal instantly overrides the system.
- HDC maintains vehicle speed while descending hills by actively controlling the brakes.
- Applying pressure to the accelerator or brake pedal instantly overrides the system.
- You must always remain attentive to the driving conditions and maintain a safe vehicle speed.
Discover the model which is equipped with this feature
*Actual selling price may vary. Dealer preparation, options, delivery, destination, taxes, title, license and registration fees not included. Please see your authorized Maserati dealer to ensure the actual availability of these models and the accuracy of the information. All figures presented are estimates only. The payments calculated are based on terms and other variables you have selected and are not current programs available by MNA. This is not an offer of direct financing or of any particular lease or purchase transaction.
© 2021 Maserati North America, Inc. All rights reserved. Maserati and the Trident logo are registered trademarks of Maserati SpA.
Some images may show European models.